Link to Amazon Electronics Store, Proceeds will be donated to Team in Training

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 9 is over, here comes week 10

This week I finished stronger than I have in past weeks. Yesterday morning I went trail running with my co-worker. What a workout, I thought that I was going to die, well not really but you know it feels when it seems  like you cannot take another step, then the necessary energy arrives. A few times I surprised myself when a burst of energy showed up. Today I ran to the end of my driveway and back a few times with the grand kids, for those who live in Clifton Heights you might be thinking that is not much of a challenge, it is a 1/4 mile from my house to the road.
This upcoming week is going to be rather full. Swimming Monday and Wednesday, running to work Tuesday and Thursday, Trail running on Saturday. I am going to add stair climbing on Tuesday and Thursday.

I have about 85 training days left, I am a little anxious about that. However, I have a good training plan and my co-worker is holding me accountable. Without his assistance I do not think I would be on track to be ready for the Lava Man Triathlon in time.
The swimming coach is wonderful and I look forward to this week lessons. Swimming is a whole new experience for me and I think I am starting to like swimming.
Hopefully I will pick up my bike by this weekend so I can start training on the bike.
The Kick-off for the Team in Training is November 12th, looking forward to that day.
Thank you for your support and I am counting on your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,

Jack McGowan

Team in Training Team in Training Team in Training Team in Training Team in Training Team in Training

No comments:

Post a Comment