Link to Amazon Electronics Store, Proceeds will be donated to Team in Training

Friday, October 28, 2011

Week 9 coming to a close, and the event draws closer still (156 days to go)

This has been a good week. My swimming has improved dramatically. Saturday morning I will going trail running. I am conflicted over this journey, on the one hand I am making great strides personally not only in my physical fitness but meeting the physical challenges has had an effect on my mental and spiritual fitness as well. But, the motivation comes is rooted in the challenge faced by Charles making it difficult to fully celebrate the strides I have made. I am not sure if this makes sense to anyone else but I wanted to share that thought.
The motivation I feel is to the best I can for Charles and to be a part of the fight against cancer and in particular blood cancers.
I was talking with my co-worker about training and I am realizing that while April 1st may seem a far away I do not have an excessive amount of time to prepare, I am glad that I started 9 weeks ago and have made some progress. I have 156 calendar days to go, but I am thinking more like 88 days to account for various delays that will interfere with training. My challenge now is to balance my Home Life, Work Life, School Life and train for the Lava Man. I think my plate is a little full right now. School will be over before Christmas, so that will make more time available. Please keep me in your prayers.
Thanks,
Jack
My fundraising is moving along, I am still at 6% of my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment