Link to Amazon Electronics Store, Proceeds will be donated to Team in Training

Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 7 Summary

Where does the time go? I cannot believe it has been 7 weeks since I started this journey. Today I was able to run the treadmill terrain program, I did need to slow down the pre-programmed speed and reduce the incline but I did not stop running, so I made quite a bit of progress with my running this week. I want to thank everyone who offered words of encouragement on my swimming. I am frustrated by my swimming but if I take an objective look I really have been swimming less than one week, so I need to be patient with myself and maintain my focus on continuous improvement. I started working out on the Bowflex this week and I am looking forward to making progress wiht my strength training.
This week I lost 4 pounds, I had been stuck at 209 pounds for weeks and this week ended the week at 203 pounds.
Looking forward to start training on the bike as soon as I am able.
Today I met my Team in Training co-mentors and team captain. I am glad that I had a chance to talk with them and I have a better understanding of the Lavaman course.

What is the take away this week?
I have been thinking about what is different this time than the other time I have tried to get in shape. Two things:
1. Decision
2. Motivation
This time I made a decision to show support for my brother by participating with Team in Training. I am motivated to show support for him by doing the best I can.

Today I was watching Fostering Leadership and they offered the following suggestions for when opportunity knocks:
Seize that opportunity
Have courage
Step forward
Take calculated risks

Thanks for reading and I wish you all the best this week.
Jack McGowan

No comments:

Post a Comment