Link to Amazon Electronics Store, Proceeds will be donated to Team in Training

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reflection over the last 14 weeks

Today I was reflecting on the last 14 weeks, It has been an incredible journey so far. I have lost 45 pounds, I am able to run faster and further, I am able to swim much better. This path has been slow and steady, I have noticed that my thoughts towards exercise and training have changed. Before I would be happy to jog a quarter mile, now when I look at a workout my mind does not reel back when planning to run more than 2 or 3 miles. Today my time was 1:15 faster than my last run back to the car. Yesterday I realized that I completed 10 laps in less than half the time I took when I first started swimming, my swimming is not pretty but much better than when I started.
When I look at the paragraph above there is a lot of "me" and "I" in the sentences, the fact is that without my wife's encouragement, the support of my friend Ken (AKA the Co-worker), and my swim coach I would not be where I am today.
The most important motivation for me is my brother Charles. For years I would say I need to get in shape or I gotta lose weight, but that changed when I realized I could come along side my brother and raise money to help fight cancer.
Last week I learned that a childhood friend died from Leukemia. I really want to make a difference and with the support of my friends and family it will be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment