Link to Amazon Electronics Store, Proceeds will be donated to Team in Training

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 5

Completed my swimming lesson on Monday, the instructor has experience in swimming the mile swim and with open water swimming. I am glad that I had a great teacher. Now I am applying the lessons I learned on Monday, Wednesday went well, not pretty but I was able to cover 10 laps, which is 1/3 of the length of the triathlon swim.
Talking with my co-worker today, now I know why he was laughing when I told him that I was going to do a triathlon, he did one himself not too long ago and knew what is involved in preparing for the event. He was also kind enough to let me know that I need a plan for when I am injured. Notice he did not say  if I am injured but when I am injured. I am trying to stay positive and think that I will not be injured, but my upper back and arms are reminding me that I am closer to 50 than I am to 18.
Everyone that I talk to about this event is very positive and supportive. I have my eye on a bike, I will take a look tomorrow night ( Friday ) hopefully it will be a good fit.

I appreciate the support I have received.
My bother had his second treatment and all seems to be going well so far.

Thanks,

Jack McGowan

No comments:

Post a Comment