Link to Amazon Electronics Store, Proceeds will be donated to Team in Training

Saturday, March 24, 2012

March Update

I wanted to update my blog, it has been a while since I last wrote something. I was not successful in meeting my fundraising goal to participate in the 2012 Lavaman Triathlon. I was deeply disappointed that I did not achieve the fundraising minimum, I spoke with my brother Charles and let him know that I was not going to meet the goal and I was going to withdraw from the Lavaman and shift my focus to another event and he agreed. At first I thought that I was going to participate in the Seattle to Portland bike ride, but that option was not available to me.  However the Vancouver marathon was an option. I decided to participate in the marathon based on my experience in the birch bay half-marathon. I finished the half-marathon in about 2hours and 30 minutes. When I crossed the finish line I felt like I had the energy to finish a complete marathon. The one thing holding me back was the pain I was experiencing in my calves and hip.
I have been training to complete the marathon by using P90X2 and cross training to increase my conditioning. Last week I ran a little over a half-marathon distance about 20 minutes faster than I completed the half-marathon, it looks like the conditioning is paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment