Link to Amazon Electronics Store, Proceeds will be donated to Team in Training

Sunday, August 28, 2011

End of Week 1

I wanted to record some thoughts about this journey that I started. 
This last week is the most active I have been in a long time. After I signed up for Team in Training (TNT), I woke up at 2:30 in the morning wondering what I just did, how am I going to complete a triathlon? Am I going to be able to raise any money for the LLS?
The next day I told a co-worker that I signed up for the TNT, he started laughing. I said that I would go 6.2 miles on the treadmill when I got home. When I got home I was still apprehensive about going 6.2 miles on the treadmill. But since I made the commitment to my co-worker and to myself, I started running on the treadmill.
First half mile was very difficult, the next mile was a little easier. When I was closing in on 3 miles I thought for a second " I am about half way through, I can stop". But, then I thought I am doing this to help brother, and he can't just stop when it becomes difficult. I was able to reach my goal of 6.2 miles, afterwards I had a renewed sense of confidence that I would be able to keep my commitment to reaching my fundraising goal and completing the triathlon in April.

2 comments:

  1. Dad I am extremely proud of you, I remeber you being the form of integrity as I grew up and you continue to inspire me to be congruant in all areas of my life. Btw I want in! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack, what you are doing is admirable and yet inspiring and you are already showing results.
    Keep up the hard work cause it’s going to pay huge dividends. I will probably continue to laugh from time to time only because. Know that you have my confidence and support and if you feel like working out together sometime let me know. It’s going to be a heck of a journey.
    The co-worker

    ReplyDelete